Do you need to schedule a service appointment for your RV? We have you covered at Bretz RV & Marine at one of our Montana or Idaho locations. When you purchase your rig from one of our dealerships, you'll have expert care whenever you need it. Our fast and friendly team of technicians will help you stay on top of regular maintenance with services that include oil and fluid changes, electrical maintenance, plumbing maintenance, and winterization. Whether it's routine service or a major repair, Bretz RV & Marine prioritizes your RV — because you're part of the family.
Importance of a Regular Maintenance Schedule for Your RV
Staying on top of regular maintenance for your RV is critical to keeping it operating efficiently and safely throughout the year. Without proper maintenance and routine care, your RV can suffer damage that could mean costly repairs down the road. Routine maintenance is also important for ensuring your RV's comfort features stay looking their best. From critical components to the upholstery on the seats, sticking to a regular schedule for maintenance and inspections is essential to avoid harsh wear and tear and get the most out of your RV's lifespan.
Don't fall behind on your RV maintenance, and let the team at Bretz RV & Marine handle all your RV service needs. Depending on the manufacturer-recommended schedule, you can expect to service your RV on a regular basis, including:
- Pretravel maintenance: Before each trip, bring your RV in for servicing to ensure major parts and components are in top shape, including the electrical and plumbing systems, furnace, seals, lights, brakes, and tires.
- Posttravel maintenance: After every trip, maintenance for your RV should include service to any parts or systems that show signs of wear and tear, even if it's just a checkup.
- Routine maintenance: Regular maintenance is often on a monthly schedule, and you'll want to bring your RV in for routine service as the seasons change to winterize and dewinterize essential components and systems.
Benefits of Servicing Your RV With Trained Technicians
When your RV is due for maintenance or any repairs, trust the Bretz RV & Marine service team. With trained and certified technicians, your RV is covered. While it might seem like any repair shop that services RVs can get the job done, entrusting your rig to trained experts is in your best interest. This is because certified technicians are manufacturer-trained and often undergo continuing training to stay up-to-date on all the latest RV developments and advancements.
An expert team of technicians typically specializes in the complex systems of your RV, while one-stop shops tend to generalize. Check out several more advantages of servicing your RV with a team of trained technicians, like our skilled team here at Bretz:
- Warranties: In many cases, general repair shops don't honor manufacturer warranties for RVs, while dealerships usually do. Depending on your warranty coverage, we may be able to service it at no cost.
- Dealer networks: Many RV dealerships — including Bretz RV & Marine— are part of a large RV network with dealerships across the country. So, if you break down while you're traveling, you can contact a network dealer and get the service you need.
- Advanced equipment and technology: Dealerships usually have the most up-to-date technology, tools, and equipment. Plus, we regularly upgrade our equipment as soon as it's needed.
RV Maintenance Services
Your RV can require different maintenance services at different points throughout the year. This is because the many components, parts, and systems RVs use have varying lifetimes, with some parts requiring maintenance more often than others. In general, RV maintenance can be broken down into scheduled checkups and replacements at different times of the year, including:
- Monthly maintenance: Run the engine and generator once every month for several minutes to keep everything lubricated and in good condition. Check seals, test safety equipment, and schedule a service appointment if you notice any faulty equipment.
- Seasonal maintenance: Seasonal maintenance includes fluid checks and changes, such as engine oil and coolant. When you have your RV serviced at our dealership, we also check the lubricant on all metal-on-metal parts and replenish it as needed.
- Annual maintenance: Every year, you'll want to bring your RV in for brake and axle service, an LP tank inspection, complete resealing, water system sanitization, and battery service.
At Bretz RV & Marine, we have several service specials that can help you save on seasonal and yearly maintenance. When you become a member of our RV network, you can bring your RV to any participating dealer across the country, making it even easier to stay on top of regular RV maintenance — even if you're on the road.
Winterize Your RV at Bretz RV & Marine
At Bretz RV & Marine, we also provide winterization maintenance services for your RV. Every fall, it's important to check over all the systems and components and prep them for the winter. This is especially vital if you're going to be storing your RV for the season. We offer several winterization packages at each of our locations to help you prep your rig for the season:
- Washing machine, dishwasher, ice maker, and hydronic heat aqua prep.
- Break inspections and bearing pack.
- Roof seal inspection and repair.
- Propane system leak testing and repair.
- Battery removal and disconnect switch installation.
- Late-season, postfreeze winterization services.
Why Choose Bretz RV & Marina for Your Service Needs?
When you purchase from Bretz RV & Marina, all your maintenance and repair needs are covered. Our team of RV service technicians is trained across all our RV makes and models, so you can be confident in our knowledge and expertise. We also keep a large range of parts and accessories in stock, and special order parts typically arrive the next day — meaning your RV is in and out quickly. We have dealerships in Boise and Nampa, Idaho, and in Butte, Billings, and Missoula, Montana. Schedule your next appointment online, or contact our friendly service team at 833-273-8978.