For anyone who owns a slow cooker, it can be a life-saver. It’s super easy to assemble all of the necessary ingredients and put them in the slow cooker, set the dial, then go about your day, hours later, when you and your family are hungry, it’ll be ready for you and you didn’t have to slave over the oven and stove for an hour. I always take my slow-cooker with us on trips and I prepare at least 1 meal using it, so we can spend some quality time at the lake, then once our stomachs start growling, we can head back to our campsite and dig in. Here are a few of my favorite slow-cooker recipes, so you can try them on your next trip!
Slow Cooker Pizza
Recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of tomato soup
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off grease.
- In slow cooker, alternate layers of ground beef, noodles, cheese, soup, sauce and pepperoni.
- Cook on Low setting for 4 hours.
Slow Cooker Pizza (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Pizza/
Spicy Slow Cooker Mac-N-Cheese
(Recipe makes 8 servings)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked shell pasta
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Stir the condensed soup and water together in a slow cooker until smooth. Add the shell pasta and andouille sausage. Set the slow cooker to High; cook 2 hours, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once the pasta is tender, stir in the sour cream, Cheddar, and mozzarella until the cheeses melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving.
Spicy Slow Cooker Mac-N-Cheese (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Slow-Cooker-Mac-n-Cheese/
Slow Cooker Casserole
Recipe makes 6 servings
- Cut butter or margarine into small chunks and put chunks in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the vegetables, cream of chicken soups and cream of mushroom soups. Stir. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning packets from the ramen noodle packages. Put chicken pieces in slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours on LOW.
- Break each ramen noodle packet into quarters (4 ‘pieces’). Put noodles in slow cooker and stir to cover noodles. Cook 1 hour on HIGH. Reduce heat and let simmer until ready to serve.
Slow Cooker Casserole (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Casserole/
What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes? Share with us on Facebook.