When on the road with your RV, food expenses can build up if you constantly eat out. This doesn’t have to be the case since a lot of RVs have plug-ins for things like instant pots or appliances such as stovetops. If you need some simple and delicious meals for when you’re on your next RV road trip, take a look at some of these recipes!
This chicken veggie skillet recipe is perfect for road trips as it is a simple dish that comes together in just 30 minutes! This meal is full of healthy food and this recipe can be altered to add even more flavors! Here is what you’ll need for this meal:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup of Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper rings
Here are the instructions for this delicious meal:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the potatoes until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Take the potatoes out of the pan and into a plate, then set aside.
- In the same pan, heat a little bit of olive oil and saute chicken until golden brown. Add in red pepper chunks and cook for 5 minutes. Add in cooked potatoes and mix everything. Add salt and pepper, and stir well until combined.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, then cover for 2 – 3 minutes until melted. Turn the heat off.
- Place the pepper rings on the chicken skillet right before serving and enjoy!
This chicken skillet meal will be a hearty meal with a bit of spice from the pepper rings. A recipe that is easy to whip up and something you should try on your next road trip!
When on a long road trip, having an instant pot can be a lifesaver. You can cook up quick meals that are sure to fill your stomach. For example, this 5-ingredient Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is perfect for those road-tripping with family. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Kosher salt
- One 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded mild or medium cheddar cheese
- 6 – 8 quart Instant Pot multi-cooker
Here are the instructions for this recipe:
- Combine the macaroni, 4 cups of water, and 1 tablespoon of salt in a 6 or 8-quart Instant Pot multicooker. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- After the pressure cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low saute setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter, and ¼ cup water. Then add the cheddar cheese, a little at a time, while constantly stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot and enjoy!
Keep in mind settings may vary on your Instant Pot depending on the model. Please refer to the manufacturer’s guide while cooking. This is a great meal for those casual nights in the RV! This recipe can easily be upgraded as well by adding things such as bacon or green onion!
Chili is a staple meal for camping and is especially easy to make in your RV. This recipe is cooked in one pot, so cooking and cleanup are quick, and the outcome will be delicious! Chili is very versatile as well, as it can be put on things like hot dogs or nachos. This recipe serves eight, so you are sure to have plenty of leftovers. Here are the ingredients you will need for this One-Pot Chili:
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 large white onion, diced
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans beans, rinsed and drained
Here are the instructions for this recipe:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef or turkey and onion over medium heat until the meat is browned, about 7 – 8 minutes. Stir every now and then to help crumble the meat.
- Drain the meat mixture and return to pan. Add the chili powder and stir well.
- Add the beans, water, and diced tomatoes to the pot and bring to a slow boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes. Then uncover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Your chili is now ready to serve! You can add extra toppings such as sour cream, cheese, cilantro, or chopped green onions if you want to add a bit more to your chili. If not, eat and enjoy!
This chili recipe can easily be stored in the refrigerator or freezer! It will last in the fridge for 5 – 6 days, and can be frozen for up to 3 months! If you are vegetarian, you can substitute the meat for tofu or just add more beans instead of meat!
If you are looking for an RV to take a road trip and try one of these great recipes, check out Bretz RV and Marine! With a wide variety of both new and pre-owned RVs and Motorhomes, Bretz RV and Marine is the perfect place to start shopping. For more information, check out our website, give us a call at 833-BRETZRV, or visit one of our four locations!
2999 Old Hardin Rd, Billings, MT 59101
4800 Grant Creek Rd, Missoula, MT 59808
4180 Broadway Ave #5301, Boise, ID 83705
1608 Industrial Rd, Nampa, ID 83687