Eating healthy isn’t always easy when you’re out on the road. We fall victim to the prepackaged snack bars and goodies all the time. But, being healthy doesn’t mean you have to stop snacking! Here are some healthy snacks to keep you going during the day, and they aren’t full of sugar and additives!
April’s Deviled Eggs
Recipe makes 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and boil eggs for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove eggs from boiling water and place in a medium saucepan of cold water until cool.
- Remove the shells and cut the eggs lengthwise to remove the yolks. Place yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in the mustard, mayonnaise, garlic salt and onion powder with the egg yolks. Scoop the mixture into the hollowed out areas of the egg whites. Garnish with paprika. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
April’s Deviled Eggs (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Aprils-Deviled-Eggs/
Annie’s Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Recipe makes 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
Annie’s Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Annies-Fruit-Salsa-and-Cinnamon-Chips/
Playgroup Granola Bars
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Playgroup Granola Bars (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Playgroup-Granola-Bars/