Bretz RV & Marine Angler Knowledge Quiz
- The inland and saltwater striped bass are:
- a. the same fish
- b. different and unrelated species
- c. related subspecies of largemouth bass
- Izaak Walton is revered as the patron saint of angling. What is the name of his famous book?
- a. Standard Fishing Encyclopedia
- b. Treatise on Angling
- c. The Compleat Angler
- Anadromous fish species:
- a: are males when young but change sex during their lifetime
- b: are saltwater fish species that cluster in schools in open water
- c: live out their lives at sea but return to freshwater to spawn
- Who was the first person to whittle a wooden plug and tossed it into a creek in Michigan?
- a: Dr. James Henshall
- b: James Heddon
- c: Lauri Rapala
- The all-tackle world record for largemouth bass is co-held by two fish of the same size. One was caught in America and holds one of the longest-standing fishing records. The other was caught more recently in Japan. How large was the first fish?
- a: 22 pounds 4 ounces
- b: 28 pounds
- c: 20 pounds 15 ounces
- Largemouth and smallmouth bass are not actually bass but very large…
- a: perch
- b: trout
- c: sunfish
- “Pound for pound the gamest fish that swims” is a famous quote that can be attributed to which freshwater fish species?
- a: Atlantic salmon
- b: smallmouth bass
- c: muskellunge
- What fish eats anything it can find?
- a: pike
- b: perch
- c: dace
- When you land a bass the best method of handling it is to…
- a: slip your fingers under the gills
- b: place your thumb firmly over the lower jaw
- c: grasp it with your whole hand across the top of the back just behind the head
- When using spinning tackle, the best way to control accurate lure placement is by:
- a: feathering the line as it comes off the spool with your index finger
- b: closing the bail just as the lure reaches its target
- c: changing the force you give to the casting motion
- Which of these fish are related to each other:
- a: carp, suckers, and catfish
- b: Atlantic salmon, chinook salmon, and steelhead
- c: white bass, white perch, and striped bass
- In angling parlance, a place in a stream or river that is likely to hold a fish, especially trout or salmon, is called a:
- a. hole
- b. lie
- c. pool
- What is the most common fish in Northern Ireland?
- a: trout
- b: perch
- c: eel
Answers: 1a, 2c, 3c, 4b, 5a, 6c, 7b, 8a, 9b, 10a, 11c, 12b, 13a
How did you do? Looking for a new boat or RV? Let the professionals at Bretz RV & Marine help! You can shop our inventory online OR you can reach out to our professionals in person at one of our many locations:
Boise, ID 83705
1608 Industrial Road
Nampa, ID 83687
2999 Old Hardin Rd.
Billings, MT 59101
4800 Grant Creek Rd.
Missoula, MT 59808